The Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro smartphones with dual Leica cameras have been announced. Key features of the phones are as follows:
- Both the phones posses new dual Leica cameras with with SUMMILUX-H lenses, with both featuring an aperture of f/1.6, and intelligent photography including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and AI-powered Bokeh.
- One of the cameras have a 20 megapixel sensor, while the other has a 12 megapixel monochrome sensor.
- The Huawei Mate 10 sports a 5.9-inch QHD (1440×2560 pixels) LCD display, while the Huawei Mate 10 Pro offers a 6-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) OLED display.
- Both the phones are powered by Huawei’s homegrown HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC, which the company claims is the first smartphone mobile SoC chipset to feature neural-network processor unit (NPU). Apple may disagree with this.
- Both the smartphones house a 4000mAh battery, while still maintaining a slimmer body than the iPhone X. The Huawei Mate 10 comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, while the Huawei Mate 10 Pro comes in two variants: 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage, and the other one with 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage.
- Both the phones have a fingerprint scanner on the back
- The Huawei phones run EMUI 8.0, based on Android 8.0. The dual-SIM capable smartphones also supports NFC.
The company also announced the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 (pictured below), which is a special variant of the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. It comes in Diamond Black colour and will only be available in 6GB RAM, 256GB storage variants, and like the Mate 10 Pro, has no expansion.
Pre-order the phones from here: Amazon