Cinema5D has published an interview with Fujifilm Corporation manager Takashi Ueno where he has mentioned that the company is working on a 100 megapixel sensor and it is highly likely that the future Fujifilm GFX will be equipped with it. Here are some of the highlights from the interview.
- Fujifilm GFX successor to have 100 megapixel sensor
- Fuji intends to improve the readout of its sensors so that 4K can be made possible
- Currently Fuji is focusing on photographers. So video shooting capability is not a priority
- From a performance point of view, the Fujifilm X-T2 is better suited for shooting videos
- In the coming days Fuji will be focusing on building faster prime lenses to match up to the 100 megapixel sensor.
If you want, you can watch the entire interview below.